I’m IT specialist with almost 13 years of expirience in networking, system administration and devops areas. I worked as Network Operations Center Engineer in different ISP’s in Ukraine and was in core team of company which is in top 10 Ukrainian ISP’s. Nowadays I’m working as DevOps Engineer for 5 years in Berlin based companies. I’m trying to use all best practices of infrastructure as a code and automation in my everyday work.
* Supporting migration of on-prem infrastructure to the cloud (AWS) * Supporting team members with implementing IaC (Terraform + Terragrunt) * Implementing automation for already running tools: Ansible, Python * Preparing policies for monitoring, alerting and disaster recovery * Working on a security-related topic (VPN connection, data encryption)
* Managing infrastructure (AWS, Kubernetes, Hetzner) and CDN (CloudFlare) * Managing pilot project to improve security in development with Hashicorp Vault * Managing monitoring configuration and tools (Icinga2, Prometheus, OpsGenie) * Preparing infrastructure as a code for internal projects: Terraform, Helm, Ansible * Writing automation scripts: Python, Shell, Go
* Automating configuration with SaltStack and Puppet * Creating Terraform plans for internal projects * Managing centralized logging systems: Splunk, ELK * Working on a new platform based on Kubernetes * Improving infrastructure monitoring * Implementing and optimising disaster recovery procedures. Analyzed and reduced backups size * Managing infrastructure and accounts in Amazon AWS * Managing CDNs configuration: Akamai, Cloudflare * Running network infrastructure (Fortigate, Vyatta/VyOS, custom Ubuntu-based firewall)
* Designing internal network infrastructure: BGP, IPSEC connectivity, wireless network * Administrating mail services (Postfix, Dovecot, Cisco IronPort) * Administrating VoIP servers: Cisco CUBE, Cisco CallManager, Asterisk * Configuring monitoring infrastructure: Icinga, Check_MK, CollectD
* Managing BGP for own network and AS * Managing VMWare VSphere Server * Planning of company internal network and services (web-, file- and svn storage, backup system etc) * Managing and support mail server (Exim+Cyrus+openbsd-spamd+spamassassin) * Automating the provisioning of embedded systems with PXE server * Linux images development for embedded systems
* Researching for new hardware and software solutions, design and implementation (IP-Unnumbered, global user authorization system, soft routers based on OpenBSD and Linux) * Interacting with service providers and uplinks * Developing new features and supporting ISP Billing system * Support of services (Postfix, Cyrus, PostgreSQL)
* Implementing a monitoring solution based on Nagios+NagVis * Automating billing related tasks * Managing and planning network infrastructure * Services support
List of interesting projects happened in my life.